Texas Debt Collection Attorney Helps Businesses Recover Payments
Experienced lawyer handles collection cases for clients in the Austin area
No matter what service your business provides, it's imperative that you are paid fully and in a timely manner so that you can continue to operate. Frank Lyon is trusted by clients in the Austin area and throughout Texas to recover the money they are owed for the goods and services they provide. I have successfully represented companies of all sizes, from banks, retail businesses and corporations to accountants, landlords and real estate agents, by advising them of their legal rights and helping them to collect on the debts they are owed.
Texas attorney handles a wide range of collections
Frank Lyon assists clients throughout Texas in collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments and condominiums
- Breach of contract actions
I am dedicated to providing sound counsel and strong advocacy no matter what types of payments you're owed. In addition to providing litigation services, I also review my clients’ current contracts and practices to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By representing your rights today and protecting you for the long term, I am committed to reaching the most beneficial outcome possible.
Proven advocate guides clients through the collections process
When customers or clients fail to make payments for the goods or services your company has provided them , I can assist with collection actions that include these tasks:
- Receipt and review of your files — My firm will analyze your records to determine the debt amount and type, how late the payments are, and any correspondence between your business and the debtor that has ensued.
- Demand letter — We will send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, I can work with you to see if circumstances warrant discounting the debt or setting up a payment schedule that can be met.
- Lawsuit — If litigation is the best course of action, We will work to obtain a favorable result as quickly as possible. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our firm will defend your right in court to collect the payment you're due.
- Judgment — Depending on the court's judgment, I can attach liens on the debtor’s non-homestead real estate and move to file garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank accounts, and other non-paycheck sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, I can compel the debtor to appear for a post-judgment deposition and testify about their finances.
- Enforcement — If the debtor fails to appear at the deposition, we can file for contempt of court. Frank Lyon usually reaches out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but this course of action is valid when all other collection attempts fail.
I understand the laws governing debt collection and will advise you on the most efficient and timely course of action to recover the payments you're entitled to.
Contact an experienced Texas debt collection attorney for help
Call or text Frank Lyon in Austin today at 512-345-8964 or contact me online for help collecting the debts your business is owed.